Daily Dog walks for our regularly scheduled clients M-F: 24 hour cancellation required. Afternoon clients need to cancel by 11am on the previous day to avoid cancellation fee. Full payment will be charged otherwise.
Pet Sitting Visits: Any visits that are scheduled outside of our regular weekly dog walking clients M-F 9am-4pm are considered pet sitting visits. Cancellations made more than a week in advance will not have to pay a cancellation fee and no payment is required. Cancellations made 1 week in advance from the first scheduled visit will be required to pay 50% of the services. Cancellations made 48 hours or less from the first pet sitting service will be charged for the full reservation.
If your pet sitting visits fall during a Holiday, cancellations require full payment.
Winter Weather: Please take measures to ensure that your steps, garage and driveway are free from ice and safe for our walkers and your pets, during the winter months.
Visits: 50% additional per visit, includes weekends closest to these holidays
Overnights: 50% additional on Holiday Eve and Holiday Night
* New Years
* Martin Luther King
* Presidents Day
* Memorial Day
* Independence Day
* Labor Day
* Columbus Day
* Thanksgiving Day
* Christmas Day
Returning home early:
Because there has been a reserved time for pet sitter visits, money will not be refunded or credited.
Late Booking Fee:
Clients who book less than 24 hours in advance will be charged a $10 late booking fee. Please note that the 24 hour window applies to the beginning of the requested time frame. (Ex: for a 9-11 AM visit, request must be received prior to 9:00 AM the day before.)
Payments are due before or at the first day of service. $10 late charge per week. Invoices are usually sent the Sunday before services begin. If you have a credit card on file and payment is overdue we will charge your card on file for services in order not to add additional late charges.
We are only accepting Credit Card Payments for new clients.
Policies listed on our service contract:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The parties herein agree as follows:
1. All scheduled visits will be governed by all the terms of this contract. We appreciate as much advance notice as possible, but will make every effort to accommodate all requests.
2. The fee per visit depends on what the client chooses. The total number of visits expected during the first scheduled service period is dependent on what client and OUADT decide upon. Meet and Greet is a $20 charge for client meeting and set up into our software system.
3. Cancellation Policies:
Daily Dog walks for our regularly scheduled clients: 24 hour cancellation required. Full payment will be charged otherwise.
Pet Sitting Visits: We require 50% deposit to reserve your pet sitting visits. We have a 2 week cancellation policy for our pet sitting visits. If you cancel before this time you will receive your deposit as credit to your next service. Any cancellations made after the 2 week notice will result in forfeiture of your deposit. Cancellations made 24 hours or less of scheduled pet sitting visits will result in full payment.
Holiday cancellations require full payment. Returning home early: Because there has been a reserved time for pet sitter visits, money will not be refunded or credited.
4. Pet Sitter is authorized to perform care and services as outlined on this contract. Both Pet Sitter and Client recognize that the welfare of the animal is the highest priority. If in Pet Sitter’s judgment additional services become necessary during the service period to properly care for the animal, Pet Sitter will first make reasonable attempts to contact Client. If Client cannot be contacted for whatever reason, Pet Sitter is authorized to undertake such additional steps as may in the reasonable judgment of the Pet Sitter be necessary or appropriate for the health and welfare of the animal, including but not limited to (a) additional visits by Pet Sitter to provide care for the animal; (b) consultation with Client’s Veterinarian listed above, or with an emergency veterinary care provider should Client’s Veterinarian be unavailable; (c) authorizing care and treatment as recommended by Client’s Veterinarian or an emergency veterinary care provider (excluding euthanasia) up to a maximum cost of $___________; and (d) such other steps as may in the reasonable judgment of Pet Sitter be necessary or appropriate for the health and welfare of the animal. Client agrees to be responsible for all fees and expenses incurred for care and treatment of the animal pursuant to this paragraph, and releases and holds Pet Sitter harmless from all liabilities related to transportation, treatment and expense. Client agrees to reimburse Pet Sitter/Company for any expense incurred, plus any additional fees for attending to animal’s needs or any expenses incurred for any other home/food/supplies needed.
5. In the event of inclement weather or natural disaster, Pet Sitter is entrusted to use best judgment in caring for pet(s) and home. Pet Sitter/Company will be held harmless for consequences related to such decisions.
6. Pet Sitter agrees to provide the services stated in this contract in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, CLIENT EXPRESSLY WAIVES AND RELINQUISHES ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST PET SITTER/COMPANY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE PROVISION OF SERVICES HEREUNDER, EXCEPT THOSE ARISING FROM GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT ON THE PART OF PET SITTER/COMPANY. SHOULD PET SITTER OR ANY AUTHORIZED PERSON ACCOMPANYING PET SITTER SUSTAIN ANY INJURY, DISEASE OR OTHER HARM IN THE COURSE OF PROVIDING SERVICES HEREUNDER, CLIENT WILL INDEMNIFY PET SITTER/COMPANY AND HOLD IT HARMLESS WITH RESPECT TO ALL LOSS, EXPENSE AND DAMAGE CAUSED THEREBY, EXCEPT THOSE ARISING FROM GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT ON THE PART OF PET SITTER/COMPANY.
7. Client acknowledges that payment is due before or on the first day of service. $10 late charge will be applied after 1 week after service. A handling fee of $___25__ will be charged on all returned checks. In the event it is necessary to initiate collection proceedings on the account, Client will be responsible for all attorney’s fees and costs of collection.
8. In the event of personal emergency or illness of Pet Sitter, Client authorizes Pet Sitter to arrange for another qualified person to fulfill responsibilities as set forth on this contract. In such case, Pet Sitter will remain fully responsible for the proper discharge of all services under this Agreement. Every attempt will be made to notify client regarding such situation.
9. All pets are to be currently vaccinated.
10. Pet Sitter and Client each may terminate this contract at any time by written notice to the other. Pet Sitter will be entitled to payment for all services rendered until notice of termination is received, and for any transition services reasonably required to provide for the health and welfare of Client’s pets. Pet Sitter will not terminate during a period of scheduled service unless Pet Sitter determines, in his/her sole discretion, that a danger exists to the health or safety of Pet Sitter. If such concerns preclude Pet Sitter from providing further care of the pet, then Client authorizes pet to be placed in a kennel, with all charges therefrom to be charged to Client. Every attempt will be made to notify Client regarding such situation.
11. For liability reasons, we are unable to job-share with other pet-care givers during your absence, i.e., other non-Once Upon a Time pet sitters, your friends, family, neighbors, etc. Once you retain Once Upon a Dog Tail to care for your animals, we are then legally responsible for their care. Any introduction of other caretakers or persons into your household during your absence will result in our inability to continue care. If you think your situation is unique, please let us know prior to your departure and we'll be happy to discuss it with you. If it is determined that another person will be job sharing, all liability of Once Upon a Dog Tail will be waived.
12. Pet owner agrees to secure home prior to leaving the premises before services. Pet sitter is not liable for loss or damage in the event of a burglary or other crime which should occur while under this contract.
13. Client acknowledges that by signing below, he/she is providing written approval for the provision of services by Pet Sitter during any service period scheduled by Client and accepted by Pet Sitter. Upon such scheduling and acceptance, Pet Sitter/Company will be authorized to enter Client premises and perform services without additional signed contracts or written authorization and to accept telephone reservations for future visits.
14. Once Upon a Dog Tail LLC works as a team. There will be a primary sitter who will take care of your pet/s. There is always a back-up sitter assigned and may be other employees utilized, only if necessary. All employees have criminal background checks and go through a thorough interview process before employment. Daily notes with pet sitters name will be emailed to client.
15. Client agrees that the pet sitter provided by Once Upon a Dog Tail is employed to work only through Once Upon a Dog Tail and not directly through the individual Client. Client agrees that all reservations for present and future sitting and dog walking must be made through Once Upon a Dog Tail and not the individual sitter. Client is aware that the Once Upon a Dog Tail sitter may give out his/her personal number to the Client. Client agrees not to use this number unless an emergency arises to their pets while under OUADT care. Client agrees that this number shall not be used for any solicitation of future pet sitting or dog walking.
I have reviewed this Service Contract in its entirety. The information provided by me is complete and accurate and I agree to all its terms and conditions as set out above.
*$25 charge on all returned checks.